Coconut Oil wants to be your friend. It wants to be your friend inside and out. And it’s very good at both. One jar of Chi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil lives in our kitchen where it shows up in all manner of cooking.
Our second jar of Chi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil lives in our bathroom. It’s your go-to for shaving, make-up removing, hair masques, face masques, nail nourishing, cuticle softening, and moisturising anything that needs to be moisturised.
To say that you’ll get obsessed with these homemade coconut oil sugar scrubs is an understatement. Your skin wil feel super soft we will share you a recipe for your in your bathroom!
A Coconut Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (You can use up to 1/2 cup if you want your scrub to have a more coarse, sand-like texture.)
- 1/2 cup Chi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon citrus fruit zest (The zest from one piece of fruit.) OR
- (Optional) About 1/2 teaspoon of citrus essential oil (about 50 drops)
- Combine all ingredients. (We do not recommend heating the coconut oil prior to mixing, because hot oil will dissolve the sugar.)
How To Use:
- On your face – Omit the citrus and use the basic scrub at the sink or in the shower. Massage in circular motions for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. The oil will absorb immediately.
- On your hands – Massage into your hands and fingernails for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
- On your legs and feet – Massage into your legs and feet while in the bath or sitting on the side of the bathtub. Rinse and pat dry. (Never use on your feet in the shower because the coconut oil is slippery and you risk falling.)