Coconut oil is rapidly growing in popularity for a wide variety of uses and benefits. For everything from cooking to moisturising skin, this miracle oil tops the list of natural alternatives to improve your health and well-being.
Whether you decide to start eating coconut oil, swishing it around your mouth or topically applying it to your hair and skin, coconut oil is something you need in your home. One of the greatest applications of coconut oil is for your hair!
Coconut Oil For Deep Conditioning
Because it is comprised mainly of smaller medium-chain fatty acids, the oil of the coconut penetrates hair more deeply and faster than other conditioners. To use coconut oil as a leave-in treatment to repair split ends, moisturise your scalp, and add a healthy glow to your tresses; just follow these easy steps:
- First make sure you have at least an hour or two for this treatment. (The longer you leave coconut oil on your hair, the more effective it will be!)
- Wash your hair and let it air dry while you prepare the next steps.
- Gather your materials: a comb or hair pick, shower cap or small towel to wrap your hair in, two small bowls of different sizes (one should fit inside the other), and of course your jar of organic virgin coconut oil.
- Scoop a small amount of coconut oil into the smaller of the two bowls.
- Set the smaller bowl in the bottom of the larger one.
- Fill the larger bowl with hot water so the smaller bowl is partially submerged, but not floating or taking on water.
- Once your coconut oil comes to temperature and is completely melted, use your fingers to gently massage the oil into your hair, then work through with a comb or hair pick.
- After you’ve finished applying the oil, wrap your hair up in a shower cap or small towel and allow it to soak in for thirty minutes or longer.
- Shampoo to remove oil.
- Optionally, you may reapply a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair and / or work a small amount through all of your hair again – just enough to give it a healthy shine.
- Then style as usual.